NEW MUSIC: ADELE

Two new Adele songs hit the internet this week, and both have blown me away. The first, "Rolling In the Deep", has me incessantly tapping my feet, clapping my hands, and generally dancing around my apartment like a fool because of its infectious rhythm. "Rolling In the Deep" is soulful and textured as it tells a story of heartbreak, from the perspective of,  "Oh shit, you screwed up, and now I'm gonna make you pay--probably in ways you couldn't have even imagined. You have no idea what you lost, you fool!" That's really the best perspective, if you ask me.

The other track, "Someone Like You" is absolutely stunning and heartbreaking. When I listen to it, I can literally feel a jagged little line forming down the middle of my heart. I can't even find the words to do it justice. This, too, tells a story of heartbreak, but in a different manner. It's understated but substantial, and Adele's voice and her lyrics are equally and frighteningly powerful.

Listen to both below:


Rolling In the Deep
Someone Like You (Live on Jools Holland)

0 comments:

Post a Comment